To get to Flagstaff, from the Phoenix airport, follow signs for Downtown/I-10 and merge onto I-10 West toward Los Angeles, then take exit 143A for I-17 North toward Flagstaff. (All Phoenix-to-Flagstaff routes pick up at I-17 North eventually.) In 149 miles, I-17 will end and turn into Milton Road/US Route 66/Santa Fe Ave., leading you into Downtown Flagstaff.
151 miles, 2 hours 15 minutes
View Phoenix Airport to Downtown Flagstaff in a larger map
Flagstaff to the Grand Canyon is one of the easiest and most popular day trips one can do. This scenic 90-minute drive has several possible routes, but the simplest and most often taken is Hwy 180 to Hwy 64 N to the main entrance to the South Rim of Grand Canyon National Park.
1. Grand Canyon Airlines
2. Wildland Trekking
3. Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters
4. Grand Canyon Railway
5. Grand Canyon Railroad Excursion From Viator
6. Colorado River & Trail Expeditions Grand Canyon Rafting
7. Antelope Canyon & Horseshoe Bend
Spend a day visiting two of the most iconic landscapes in the American Southwest- Antelope Canyon
8. GreenTree Inn Flagstaff
9. Maverick Helicopter Tours
10. One Day Colorado River Float Trip From Flagstaff From Viator
11. Bearizona Wildlife Park
12. Flagstaff Extreme Adventure Course
Flagstaff Extreme Adventure Course is an elevated obstacle course set in the tall Ponderosa Pines
13. Little America Hotel Flagstaff
14. Arizona Mountain Inn & Cabins
15. Sedona Day Trip From Flagstaff
16. Grand Canyon & Navajo Indian Reservation From Viator
FLAGSTAFF, AZ WEATHER
Check out the weather conditions before you come. Winter and summer are popular, but there's no bad time to visit Flagstaff.
See Flagstaff Weather »
TAKING YOUR FAMILY TO FLAGSTAFF FOR VACATION?
Here are some of the most family-friendly hotels in Flagstaff and some things to do that should keep everyone happy…at least for a while.
See Family-Friendly Flagstaff »
WHAT'S ON THE CALENDAR?
Our Flagstaff Event Calendar is full of festivals, workshops, art fairs, concerts and classes. Browse or add your event.
See the Event Calendar »
DRIVING DIRECTIONS TO FLAGSTAFF
Getting to Flagstaff is the first step. Driving is the most popular and practical way to get here.
Get Driving Directions from Nearby Cities »