To get to Flagstaff, from the Phoenix airport, follow signs for Downtown/I-10 and merge onto I-10 West toward Los Angeles, then take exit 143A for I-17 North toward Flagstaff. (All Phoenix-to-Flagstaff routes pick up at I-17 North eventually.) In 149 miles, I-17 will end and turn into Milton Road/US Route 66/Santa Fe Ave., leading you into Downtown Flagstaff.
151 miles, 2 hours 15 minutes
View Phoenix Airport to Downtown Flagstaff in a larger map
Flagstaff to the Grand Canyon is one of the easiest and most popular day trips one can do. This scenic 90-minute drive has several possible routes, but the simplest and most often taken is Hwy 180 to Hwy 64 N to the main entrance to the South Rim of Grand Canyon National Park.
1. Maverick Helicopter Tours
2. Little America Hotel Flagstaff
3. Wildland Trekking
4. Grand Canyon Railroad Excursion From Viator
5. Flagstaff Extreme Adventure Course
Flagstaff Extreme Adventure Course is an elevated obstacle course set in the tall Ponderosa Pines
6. Colorado River & Trail Expeditions Grand Canyon Rafting
7. Arizona Mountain Inn & Cabins
8. Antelope Canyon & Horseshoe Bend
Spend a day visiting two of the most iconic landscapes in the American Southwest- Antelope Canyon
9. One Day Colorado River Float Trip From Flagstaff From Viator
10. Grand Canyon Airlines
11. Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters
12. Bearizona Wildlife Park
13. Oak Creek Terrace Resort
14. Grand Canyon Railway
15. GreenTree Inn Flagstaff
16. Sedona Day Trip From Flagstaff
17. Grand Canyon & Navajo Indian Reservation From Viator
FLAGSTAFF, AZ WEATHER
Check out the weather conditions before you come. Winter and summer are popular, but there's no bad time to visit Flagstaff.
See Flagstaff Weather »
TAKING YOUR FAMILY TO FLAGSTAFF FOR VACATION?
Here are some of the most family-friendly hotels in Flagstaff and some things to do that should keep everyone happy…at least for a while.
See Family-Friendly Flagstaff »
WHAT'S ON THE CALENDAR?
Our Flagstaff Event Calendar is full of festivals, workshops, art fairs, concerts and classes. Browse or add your event.
See the Event Calendar »
DRIVING DIRECTIONS TO FLAGSTAFF
Getting to Flagstaff is the first step. Driving is the most popular and practical way to get here.
Get Driving Directions from Nearby Cities »