Camping in Flagstaff
There are over 12 million acres of BLM Public Lands in Arizona to visit, enjoy and explore along with 17.5 million subsurface acres within the state. Camping is free on BLM land, but there are fees and permits required for certain recreational activities. Aravaipa Canyon, Paria Canyon and Coyote Buttes are three areas that require visiting/camping permits in order to preserve the areas' delicate ecosystem. When visiting BLM, please practice "Leave No Trace" etiquette as this land is rarely maintained on a regular basis.
- Cinder Hills Off Highway Vehicle Area
- Freidlein Prairie Dispersed Camping
- Marshall Lake
- Jack's Canyon Camping and Climbing Area
- Long Lake
- Highway 180 west to FR 245 (go back as far as FR 171 to open grassy meadows)
- Highway 180 west to FR 151 (near Mt. Humphreys)
- Highway 89 north to FR 545 (near Sunset Crater)
- Lake Mary Road turn east (left) onto FR 128 about 3 miles to the lake
The following Coconino National Park camping areas permit RVs and motorhomes at these campgrounds. None of the campsites have utility hookups and greywater must be properly disposed of at a designated dump station.
- Canyon Vista - Motor homes and trailers under 22' permitted
- Dairy Springs - Small motor homes up to 35' are permitted
- Double Springs - Small motor homes up to 35' are permitted
- Lake View - Small motor homes are permitted; RVs and trailers under 28 feet can be accommodated in some sites
- Pinegrove - Trailers up to 33' and motor homes (up to 45') are permitted
1. Greer's Pine Shadows RV Park
The Greer's Pine Shadows RV Park is located in Flagstaff, Arizona and is a popular base camp for
2. J & H RV Park
In the cool hills of Flagstaff at an elevation of 7,000 ft., J and H RV Park is a fun place to st
3. Bonito Campground
The Bonito Campground is located in the Coconino National Forest in Flagstaff, Arizona and is a b
4. Kit Carson RV Park
The Kit Carson RV Park is located in the beautiful city of Flagstaff, Arizona and is a popular ba
5. Fort Tuthill County Park
Nestled in cool Ponderosa Pine just 3 miles south of Flagstaff is the Fort Tuthill County Park, a
6. Pine View RV Park
The Pine View RV Park is an active adult community campground located in Bellemont, Arizona and i
7. Black Bart's RV Park
Black Bart's RV Park is located in the beautiful town of Flagstaff, Arizona and is perfect for va
FLAGSTAFF, AZ WEATHER
Check out the weather conditions before you come. Winter and summer are popular, but there's no bad time to visit Flagstaff.
See Flagstaff Weather »
WHAT'S ON THE CALENDAR?
Our Flagstaff Event Calendar is full of festivals, workshops, art fairs, concerts and classes. Browse or add your event.
See the Event Calendar »
TAKING YOUR FAMILY TO FLAGSTAFF FOR VACATION?
Here are some of the most family-friendly hotels in Flagstaff and some things to do that should keep everyone happy…at least for a while.
See Family-Friendly Flagstaff »
DRIVING DIRECTIONS TO FLAGSTAFF
Getting to Flagstaff is the first step. Driving is the most popular and practical way to get here.
Get Driving Directions from Nearby Cities »