Top 5 Best Brunch Restaurants
Flagstaff is a brunching town. Expect lines at these Top 5 Breakfast/Brunch establishments, because yep, they're that good. Each breakfast place made it on this list for a different reason. In a town of this size, you've got to specialize in something and be good at it in order to stick around. So here it is; Flagstaff's Top 5 restaurants to have breakfast or brunch at - any time of the week.
- MartAnne's - This mexican restaurant specializes in green chilli chilaquiles, heuvos rancheros, and everything Southwestern that's savory and delicious. Lovers of authentic, incredible, red and green chilli won't mind waiting in a typical 30 minute line to enjoy the food at this place. There are two servers, a busser and a few really great cooks on a busy Sunday morning. They run a tight ship and are good at what they do. But don't go in there thinking you're going to have the undivided attention of a server. You're food will be to die for, your servers when you see them are charming and on their game, but you'll have to wait your turn throughout the whole experience and it will be well worth it. Martanne's used to run out of food (fresh, local ingredients) as it got closer to noon, but they've moved to a larger location where they likely account for their higher volume of hungry patrons. We haven't heard of them turning away people since they've moved to their new location, but just know, it's that good that people used to wait in line knowing that there was a possibility of being turned away after 30-45 minutes of waiting outside on the curb of Downtown Flagstaff.
- La Bella Via
Photo Credit: yelp.com- If you like eggs benedict done properly, this is your place. Or perhaps pancakes are more your thing. Try La Bella Via's whole wheat pancakes and request real maple syrup and you won't regret waiting that 20 minutes to get seated. This tiny, but well-loved breakfast cafe also has many gluten-free options as well as traditional breakfast options great for the whole family. You really can't go wrong eating here. Their pancakes are shaped like koala bears for the kids and for the non-traditionalists, their smoked trout and eggs are quite delicious. There are only a dozen tables total between the patio and inside restaurant, but this place is a local favorite that you'll enjoy brunching at if you want a taste the real Flagstaff.
- Charly's at the Weatherford Hotel
- Charly's offers a good, traditional brunch; but where it excels is its full assortment of alcoholic breakfast beverages. This is the best place to go to have a Bloody Marys, mimosa or Tequila Sunrise. On warmer days, enjoy Charly's patio seating with ample people watching potential. On cooler or even snowy days, enjoy the warm, cozy fire in the setting of the old Weatherford Hotel. Charly's is casual-dining, just like most everywhere in Flagstaff, but it tends to feel a little bit more fancy probably because restored hotels are inherently more ornate. Whether you're working off the remaining symptoms of a fun fore-night or starting a great day by brunching with good friends, Charly's is always a good place to go.
Photo Credit: weatherfordhotel.com
- Criollo certainly has the best Bloody Mary in town. Its garnishing are thing of beauty and the food here is always beyond good. For both locals and visitors, Criollo continues to be a favorite place to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner. This latin-inspired cuisine has creative brunch dishes and a more upscale feel compared to other restaurants on this Top 5 list. The quality of food here is always excellent with fresh and mostly local ingredients.
Photo Credit: roadtrippers.com
- Brandy's is the best all-around breakfast/brunch joint in Flagstaff. The food is excellent, the service is just what you would expect from a family-friendly restaurant and breakfast is what they do best. Brandy's serves all the traditional favorites including a few specialty dishes and some freshly baked goods. It's located off the beaten-tourist path but has a steady flow of both locals and visitors alike. There's really not much more to say than this place other than it's an great place to eat breakfast for everyone.
Photo Credit: azdailysun.com
1. DoubleTree By Hilton Flagstaff
We are a newly renovated hotel right on route 66. With banquet space, indoor whirlpool, outdoor J