Family-Friendly Things to Do
Flagstaff is a mecca for outdoor activities, which can be enjoyed by the whole family. Choose from dozens of hiking and biking trails; explore the Lava Tube Cave; visit the Meteor Crater; or get a close look at bears at a wildlife park. Other things that families often enjoy is looking into deep space with telescopes at Lowell Observatory; participating in seasonal activities at the parks; going on the Scenic Skyride or skiing at Arizona Snowbowl; and of course, families love to camp, fish, boat and cookout.
Guided activities and tours are a highly recommended for families. Guided activities such as rock climbing and horseback riding allow the whole family to enjoy themselves under the supervision and safety of an experienced professional guide. Grand Canyon tours and park ranger talks are also a really fun thing to do with the family. There are so many things to do in Flagstaff — take a look at the list below of some of our favorite family-friendly activities and also check out Calendar of Events.
1. Flagstaff Extreme Adventure Course
Flagstaff Extreme Adventure Course is an elevated obstacle course set in the tall Ponderosa Pines
2. Out Of Africa Wildlife Park
3. Antelope Canyon & Horseshoe Bend
Spend a day visiting two of the most iconic landscapes in the American Southwest- Antelope Canyon
4. Wilderness River Adventures
5. Grand Canyon Railroad Excursion From Viator
6. Bearizona Wildlife Park
7. One Day Colorado River Float Trip From Flagstaff From Viator
8. Predator Zip Lines Camp Verde, AZ
Experience the wind ripping through your hair on a thrill ride over nature’s wildest predators.
9. The Ultimate Off Road Adventure
10. Grand Canyon Day Tour
Voted on Trip Advisor as the most popular Grand Canyon day tour. This is the best way to enjoy th
11. Grand Canyon Railway
12. Maverick Helicopter Tours
13. The Geekery
14. IMAX Grand Canyon National Geographic Visitor Center
15. Riordan Mansion State Park
16. The Arboretum
17. Sedona Day Trip from Flagstaff
18. Grand Canyon & Navajo Indian Reservation From Viator
19. Flagstaff Area National Monuments
20. Great West Adventure Company
21. Museum of Northern Arizona
22. Pioneer Museum
TAKING YOUR FAMILY TO FLAGSTAFF FOR VACATION?
Here are some of the most family-friendly hotels in Flagstaff and some things to do that should keep everyone happy…at least for a while.
See Family-Friendly Flagstaff »
IF YOU ONLY HAVE ONE DAY TO SEE FLAGSTAFF
These are the essential things you MUST do to get the most out of your day trip.
Plan Your Day Trip Here »
FLAGSTAFF, AZ WEATHER
Check out the weather conditions before you come. Winter and summer are popular, but there's no bad time to visit Flagstaff.
See Flagstaff Weather »
DRIVING DIRECTIONS TO FLAGSTAFF
Getting to Flagstaff is the first step. Driving is the most popular and practical way to get here.
Get Driving Directions from Nearby Cities »