Family-Friendly Things to Do
Flagstaff is a mecca for outdoor activities, which can be enjoyed by the whole family. Choose from dozens of hiking and biking trails; explore the Lava Tube Cave; visit the Meteor Crater; or get a close look at bears at a wildlife park. Other things that families often enjoy is looking into deep space with telescopes at Lowell Observatory; participating in seasonal activities at the parks; going on the Scenic Skyride or skiing at Arizona Snowbowl; and of course, families love to camp, fish, boat and cookout.
Guided activities and tours are a highly recommended for families. Guided activities such as rock climbing and horseback riding allow the whole family to enjoy themselves under the supervision and safety of an experienced professional guide. Grand Canyon tours and park ranger talks are also a really fun thing to do with the family. There are so many things to do in Flagstaff — take a look at the list below of some of our favorite family-friendly activities and also check out Calendar of Events.
1. Predator Zip Lines Camp Verde, AZ
Experience the wind ripping through your hair on a thrill ride over nature’s wildest predators.
2. Antelope Canyon & Horseshoe Bend
Spend a day visiting two of the most iconic landscapes in the American Southwest- Antelope Canyon
3. Maverick Helicopter Tours
4. Grand Canyon Day Tour
Voted on Trip Advisor as the most popular Grand Canyon day tour. This is the best way to enjoy th
5. Flagstaff Extreme Adventure Course
Flagstaff Extreme Adventure Course is an elevated obstacle course set in the tall Ponderosa Pines
6. Grand Canyon Railroad Excursion From Viator
7. Flagstaff Escape Rooms
8. Grand Canyon Railway
9. One Day Colorado River Float Trip From Flagstaff From Viator
10. Bearizona Wildlife Park
11. Wildland Trekking
12. Out Of Africa Wildlife Park
13. The Arboretum
14. Flagstaff Area National Monuments
15. Great West Adventure Company
16. Sedona Day Trip From Flagstaff
17. Guided Outdoor Rock Climbing & Indoor Climbing Gym
18. IMAX Grand Canyon National Geographic Visitor Center
19. Riordan Mansion State Park
20. Grand Canyon & Navajo Indian Reservation From Viator
21. Pioneer Museum
22. Museum of Northern Arizona
TAKING YOUR FAMILY TO FLAGSTAFF FOR VACATION?
Here are some of the most family-friendly hotels in Flagstaff and some things to do that should keep everyone happy…at least for a while.
See Family-Friendly Flagstaff »
IF YOU ONLY HAVE ONE DAY TO SEE FLAGSTAFF
These are the essential things you MUST do to get the most out of your day trip.
Plan Your Day Trip Here »
FLAGSTAFF, AZ WEATHER
Check out the weather conditions before you come. Winter and summer are popular, but there's no bad time to visit Flagstaff.
See Flagstaff Weather »
DRIVING DIRECTIONS TO FLAGSTAFF
Getting to Flagstaff is the first step. Driving is the most popular and practical way to get here.
Get Driving Directions from Nearby Cities »