Family-Friendly Things to Do
Flagstaff is a mecca for outdoor activities, which can be enjoyed by the whole family. Choose from dozens of hiking and biking trails; explore the Lava Tube Cave; visit the Meteor Crater; or get a close look at bears at a wildlife park. Other things that families often enjoy is looking into deep space with telescopes at Lowell Observatory; participating in seasonal activities at the parks; going on the Scenic Skyride or skiing at Arizona Snowbowl; and of course, families love to camp, fish, boat and cookout.
Guided activities and tours are a highly recommended for families. Guided activities such as rock climbing and horseback riding allow the whole family to enjoy themselves under the supervision and safety of an experienced professional guide. Grand Canyon tours and park ranger talks are also a really fun thing to do with the family. There are so many things to do in Flagstaff — take a look at the list below of some of our favorite family-friendly activities and also check out Calendar of Events.
1. Grand Canyon Railway
2. Out Of Africa Wildlife Park
3. Grand Canyon Day Tour
Voted on Trip Advisor as the most popular Grand Canyon day tour. This is the best way to enjoy th
4. Wildland Trekking
5. Predator Zip Lines Camp Verde, AZ
Experience the wind ripping through your hair on a thrill ride over nature’s wildest predators.
6. Maverick Helicopter Tours
7. Wilderness River Adventures
8. Antelope Canyon & Horseshoe Bend
Spend a day visiting two of the most iconic landscapes in the American Southwest- Antelope Canyon
9. Bearizona Wildlife Park
10. Grand Canyon Railroad Excursion From Viator
11. One Day Colorado River Float Trip From Flagstaff From Viator
12. Flagstaff Extreme Adventure Course
Flagstaff Extreme Adventure Course is an elevated obstacle course set in the tall Ponderosa Pines
13. IMAX Grand Canyon National Geographic Visitor Center
14. Grand Canyon & Navajo Indian Reservation From Viator
15. Guided Outdoor Rock Climbing & Indoor Climbing Gym
16. Sedona Day Trip from Flagstaff
17. Museum of Northern Arizona
18. Pioneer Museum
19. Riordan Mansion State Park
20. The Geekery
21. The Arboretum
22. Flagstaff Area National Monuments
TAKING YOUR FAMILY TO FLAGSTAFF FOR VACATION?
Here are some of the most family-friendly hotels in Flagstaff and some things to do that should keep everyone happy…at least for a while.
See Family-Friendly Flagstaff »
FLAGSTAFF MOUNTAIN FILM FESTIVAL FEB 15-18
The Flagstaff Mountain Film Festival highlights a collection of the most inspiring and thought-provoking social, environmental, outdoor-adventure and indigenous films... See Film Details »
FLAGSTAFF, AZ WEATHER
Check out the weather conditions before you come. Winter and summer are popular, but there's no bad time to visit Flagstaff.
See Flagstaff Weather »
DRIVING DIRECTIONS TO FLAGSTAFF
Getting to Flagstaff is the first step. Driving is the most popular and practical way to get here.
Get Driving Directions from Nearby Cities »