Top 5 Christmas Family Activities in Flagstaff
If you're visiting Flagstaff, AZ for the holidays and want to know what do to with your family while you're here, we've put together a list of the Top 5 favorite things to do in this little Alpine Winter Wonderland!
1. The North Pole Experience - Be transported to Santa’s authentic Workshop at the North Pole, where all the magic happens! Tour the entire workshop, build toys with the elves, visit the toy factory and enjoy special one-on-one time with Santa!
This is an 8500-square-foot workshop, which includes Santa's Toy Hall of Fame, Santa's Toy Building Workshop, a large toy factory where all the real magic happens, Santa's Bakery, Elf University, Santa's Office, "Area 47" — Santa's secret sleigh hanger, and of course, hot chocolate and cookies.
2. Polar Express - Every winter the Grand Canyon Railway’s Polar Express comes to life on a journey from the nighttime wilderness of Williams, Arizona, to the enchanted beauty of “the North Pole”—where Santa Claus and his reindeer are waiting with a keepsake present for every good boy and girl. You’ll be smiling from ear to ear, as you watch children’s faces light up when the train arrives, and enjoy hot chocolate and cookies while listening to this timeless story.
3. Sledding- Wondering where to take the kids sledding or tubing in Flagstaff (when there actually is snow)? The whole family can enjoy playing in the snow, making snow ducks, snowmen, have have snowball fights in several of Flagstaff's fun, snowy areas. You'll find that some of the designated snowplay areas to be safer with nearby restrooms, hot beverages and other recharging amenities. But, you'll always find people pulling over along the way up to the Arizona Snowbowl resort with sleds. For a list of places to go sledding take a look at our favorites here:
4. Flagstaff Nordic Center - Forget about malls, shopping and holiday stress. Take your family on a snowy adventure that they'll remember for years to come! The Flagstaff Nordic Center is located in the Coconino National Forest just 15 miles from downtown Flagstaff. Visitors get can away from the holiday hustle and bustle by staying in one of the large or small yurts or a log-sided camper cabin in the foothills of the San Francisco Peaks. During the winter season enjoy the well-groomed cross country ski trails of Flagstaff Nordic Center. They offer over 40 km of ski trails groomed for both classic and skate style skiing. With over 15 km of well marked snowshoe trails we are the perfect location for a winter hike.
5. Checking out Christmas lights - Make yourself a thermos of hot cocoa, bundle up and go touring around town discovering all the places with beautiful Christmas lights. Some of our favorites are Little America Hotel, Warner's Nursery, downtown Flagstaff, and Meade Rd off of Highway 180.
Christmas & Holiday Events
FLAGSTAFF, AZ WEATHER
Check out the weather conditions before you come. Winter and summer are popular, but there's no bad time to visit Flagstaff.
See Flagstaff Weather »
WHAT'S ON THE CALENDAR?
Our Flagstaff Event Calendar is full of festivals, workshops, art fairs, concerts and classes. Browse or add your event.
See the Event Calendar »
TAKING YOUR FAMILY TO FLAGSTAFF FOR VACATION?
Here are some of the most family-friendly hotels in Flagstaff and some things to do that should keep everyone happy…at least for a while.
See Family-Friendly Flagstaff »
DRIVING DIRECTIONS TO FLAGSTAFF
Getting to Flagstaff is the first step. Driving is the most popular and practical way to get here.
Get Driving Directions from Nearby Cities »