Family-Friendly Things to Do
Flagstaff is a mecca for outdoor activities, which can be enjoyed by the whole family. Choose from dozens of hiking and biking trails; explore the Lava Tube Cave; visit the Meteor Crater; or get a close look at bears at a wildlife park. Other things that families often enjoy is looking into deep space with telescopes at Lowell Observatory; participating in seasonal activities at the parks; going on the Scenic Skyride or skiing at Arizona Snowbowl; and of course, families love to camp, fish, boat and cookout.
Guided activities and tours are a highly recommended for families. Guided activities such as rock climbing and horseback riding allow the whole family to enjoy themselves under the supervision and safety of an experienced professional guide. Grand Canyon tours and park ranger talks are also a really fun thing to do with the family. There are so many things to do in Flagstaff — take a look at the list below of some of our favorite family-friendly activities and also check out Calendar of Events.
1. The Ultimate Off Road Adventure
2. Grand Canyon Railroad Excursion From Viator
3. Grand Canyon Day Tour
4. Bearizona Wildlife Park
5. Grand Canyon Railway
6. Maverick Helicopter Tours
7. Wilderness River Adventures
8. Pink Jeep Tours 5 Star Rated Grand Canyon Tours
9. Antelope Canyon & Horseshoe Bend
Adventure Southwest offers private group hiking and sightseeing trips to amazing Southwest destin
10. Predator Zip Lines Camp Verde, AZ
Experience the wind ripping through your hair on a thrill ride over nature’s wildest predators.
11. Flagstaff Extreme Adventure Course
Flagstaff Extreme Adventure Course is an elevated obstacle course set in the tall Ponderosa Pines
12. Out Of Africa Wildlife Park
13. One Day Colorado River Float Trip From Flagstaff From Viator
14. Flagstaff Area National Monuments
15. Grand Canyon & Navajo Indian Reservation From Viator
16. Riordan Mansion State Park
17. Guided Outdoor Rock Climbing & Indoor Climbing Gym
18. The Geekery
19. Museum of Northern Arizona
20. Pioneer Museum
21. IMAX Grand Canyon National Geographic Visitor Center
22. Great West Adventure Company
23. Sedona Day Trip from Flagstaff
TAKING YOUR FAMILY TO FLAGSTAFF FOR VACATION?
Here are some of the most family-friendly hotels in Flagstaff and some things to do that should keep everyone happy…at least for a while.
See Family-Friendly Flagstaff »
IF YOU ONLY HAVE ONE DAY TO SEE FLAGSTAFF
These are the essential things you MUST do to get the most out of your day trip.
Plan Your Day Trip Here »
FLAGSTAFF, AZ WEATHER
Check out the weather conditions before you come. Winter and summer are popular, but there's no bad time to visit Flagstaff.
See Flagstaff Weather »
DRIVING DIRECTIONS TO FLAGSTAFF
Getting to Flagstaff is the first step. Driving is the most popular and practical way to get here.
Get Driving Directions from Nearby Cities »